Welcome to KerryMarsh.com!
COMING SOON! The 2018-19 collection
including (licenses pending for most)
Accent's "All At Once" (Whitney Houston, mixed a cappella)
David von Kampen's "Haunted Heart" (mixed a cappella)
Zach Yaholkovsky's "Fascinating Rhythm" and "Whispering Grass" (mixed w/ rhythm section)
and these from Kerry Marsh (with demo preview links):
"Praying" (Ke$ha, mixed a cappella)
"Well Loved" (Becca Stevens, mixed a cappella)
"The Sound of Silence" (Simon & Garfunkel, mixed w/ rhythm section)
"After the Door/Another Life" (Elling/Metheny, mixed w/ rhythm section)
"Home Again" and "Tapestry" (Carole King, mixed a cappella)
"Whisper Not" (Benny Golson, mixed a cappella)
"Passion Dance" (McCoy Tyner, mixed a cappella)
"Whisper Your Name" (Harry Connick, Jr., mixed w/ rhythm section)
"Foolin' Myself" (SSAA swinger)
If you're new to this catalog, I think you'll find it very easy to find the sheet music that works just right for your jazz, a cappella or traditional choir.
FEATURES OF THIS WEBSITE
- Each of the 160-plus titles featured on this site has a full-length studio demo recording of the arrangement, which you'll receive free with every "Digital Sheet Music Pack" order.
- Part learning audio aids called "Part Tracks" and "Minus-One Tracks" help your students get past the note-learning stage and get ready to make real music in rehearsal much sooner than without. (Click here for more detailed info about these tracks)
- Rhythm Tracks for the accompanied charts allow you to rehearse along with the accompaniment tracks from the demo, preparing your singers for the real thing and letting you step away from the piano to focus more on their singing.
- An advanced filtering system allows you to narrow down your search of the catalog for just what you need for your group. When you're ready, head over to the Full Catalog and check the boxes on the left side of the page to more quickly get to what you really need.
- You can also search for a specific title using the magnifying glass search tool in the menu at the top of the page.
- The stylistic tendency of the arrangements featured here is deliberately "modern", which really connects with students. While many of the titles come from the past 30 years (or so) of popular music, the harmonic and rhythmic content is nearly always informed by contemporary instrumental jazz, resulting in a unique, exciting and diverse catalog.
- Even the most complex charts are written with students in mind; Great attention is paid to optimal voice-leading and accurate, clean notation.
- The voicings listed (SSATB, etc) are always meant to indicate the MAXIMUM number of ensemble part splits that happen in the chart. Keep in mind that even though a chart is listed as SSAAATTBaB, it's likely that a good portion of the chart (especially when accompanied by rhythm section) is written with fewer parts, so the chart may not be as dense and complex as the voicing may make it seem.
- Level 1: No level 1 charts are currently available at KerryMarsh.com, however, in principle, we would consider a level 1 chart to be best for elementary students. They might be entirely unison charts, perhaps with some two-part writing.
- Level 2: Also known here as STARTER SERIES Charts, and useable by most junior high groups and many beginning high school ensembles. These charts are written to sound more advanced than they really are, though, and collegiate and community groups have also had success with these in performance!
- Level 3: The writing is aimed at high school groups. Rhythms may become more complex here, although the demos and Part Tracks help the students get past those hurdles. The harmonic content may get more advanced, with some dissonant vertical writing, however, the voice-leading into those chords is handled with great care.
- Level 4: This level is aimed at fairly advanced high school groups and most collegiate groups. The difficulty is just below what professional groups tend to write for themselves, and a wide array of interesting options are available for harmonic and rhythmic content.
- Level 5: These charts contain the largest amount of material to learn, relative to the other levels, whether that's high complexity, more actual music to learn, extra-challenging rhythm section parts, or all of the above and more! These charts are at a professional level, although I've heard many advanced high school and collegiate groups wow their audiences with some level 5 music!
- Half-levels (3.5, etc.): It's just what you'd think...we made the subjective call that that chart fell squarely in between two of the above levels and didn't really seem to solidly be one or the other.
- All products sold on this website are delivered digitally, allowing for very fast delivery, so you can get right to work on a chart just minutes after ordering.
- Your purchase grants you the right to legally print and make copies of the sheet music as you need for your own ensemble (although, of course it's still illegal to share with other institutions, as with printed music).
- When you pay using a school or personal credit card, you'll receive the links to download your digital sheet music and audio files immediately, along with an invoice.
- You may also choose to pay via check, in which case we will manually approve the delivery of your files as soon as possible (almost always within 24 hours). You'll receive an invoice in this case, as well, with all the info you'll need for a Purchase Order. THEN, when you have your P.O. number, simply message me through this website with that number and I'll edit and re-send your invoice, so you can process your check request.
- When you're viewing a particular title and are looking to purchase the digital sheet music, find the drop-down menu on the right side of the page and choose the "Chart and Demo", then click the "Add to cart" button. The "Digital Sheet Music Pack" is priced at a flat fee of $75 for most titles and $60 for Starter Series titles, which are written for less experienced groups.
- After checkout, you will receive an email with a link to download a .zip file containing a .pdf file with all of the sheet music to print for rehearsal and performance (including rhythm section parts). You'll also find an .mp3 file of the full-length demo for your convenience.
- Mentioned above, Part Tracks, Minus-One Tracks and Rhythm Tracks are available for most titles, and each collection of audio learning aids is priced at $25 (except for Part Tracks played on piano, which are sold at half-price).
For more info, don't miss the "INFO" menu item at the top of the page, which opens a drop-down menu. Also, try out the Listening Space for a collection of demo playlists!